21 Sep 21

No Sightings in today.

---------------------------------------

Note:

I'm sure Ed won't mind me gate crashing our FoPL Blog, as there are no sightings in today.

Sadly I moved from Priorslee quite a few years back, but I still help run the FoPL blog and our Twitter account with Ed. Mind you Ed does all the hard work, by getting up early in the morning, visiting the Lake and The Flash, and then returns home to sort out his images and sightings for the daily blog.

Me, I just wait for his reports and upload them. However I do have my own personal Blog, called Port & Wey (Portland & Weymouth) and I basically record and photograph as much as I can on my daily works around Portland or occasionally Weymouth.

Often Ed's sightings coincide with what I have come across, which is very helpful on my part, especially when I get stuck on an ID.

Anyway my Blog can be found Here, which, when there is nothing on the FoPL Blog, I might add a link to. Enjoy

An Ivy Bee and a species which was was first seen in the British Isles in Dorset in 2001; having arrived from continental Europe. It's a real stunner of a bee and a species that is solely dependant on Ivy flowers. Hence the reason it is a "seasonal" bee and is often only seen between September and the end of October depending on the amount of Ivy still in flower. This one was seen today at Church Ope Cove, Isle of Portland

(Martin Adlam)


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day can be found via the yearly links in the right-hand column.

Sightings from previous years without links are below

2011
Priorslee Lake
Kingfisher
Common Sandpiper
(Ed Wilson)

2008
Priorslee Lake
Wigeon
Water Rail
(Ed Wilson)

2007
Priorslee Lake
Kingfisher
(Ed Wilson)